On July 18, 2005, the historic US - India Civil Nuclear Agreement was signed by the heads of both nations. However, the effort to pulling this through took over three years while the framework of the agreement had to pass through multiple stages.
The Atomic Energy Act of 1954 and other domestic US laws had to be amended to achieve this. The deal today permanently safeguards those nuclear facilities that India has identified as "civil" and permits broad civil nuclear cooperation, while excluding the transfer of "sensitive" equipment and technologies, including civil enrichment and reprocessing items even under the Indian Atomic Energy Act safeguards.
The Role of USISC
USISC strongly advocated the cause all through its process and lobbied for the signing of the deal. The Council took the support of several organizations and relevant individuals to further its cause. This included:
- War Veterans from California
- War Veterans from Illinios
- War Veterans from New Mexico
- War Veterans from Nevada
- War Veterans from Michigan
US - India Security Council, Inc. (USISC) is a registered 501(c)(4) non-profit organization based in Wa.....Read More
The National Defense Authorization Act 2017(NDAA 2017) was signed by President Obama on D...
Communication and Coordination with the US Administration and Congress
USISC realizes the importance of working closely with the US Administration, the...
Encouraging closer ties between the USA and India, especially in Defense, Security and Trade
USISC has been working closely for the past several years identifying synergistic opportunities for ...
EVENTS AT USISC
- US-India Security Relations in the New Administration with Special Emphasis on the Future of the US
- Maritime Security Dynamics in Indian Ocean Region
- The US Role in Indigenization of the Indian Defense Industry
- The US Role in Nuclear Stability in South Asia
- US-India Defense Relations: A path for the Future
- The Role of South Asia in Counter Terrorism
- Prospects of Defense Technology Cooperation between India and the United States.
- US-India Shared Strategic Perspectives
- US Security Relations Vis-a-Vis China and Japan
- US & India's Mutual Defense and Security Interests
- Challenges Facing UC & India's Defense Ties
- 9/11 - Ten Year Later, Impact on US-India Strategic Ties
- Hurdles Facing US-India Military to Military Ties
- Soft Power and India's Equipoise Imperative in Grand Strategy
- Strategic Aspects of US India Economic Engagement
- US, Indian Interests in the Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process
- US - India Strategic Ties: 2014 - What is Ahead
- Defense Policy and Indigenization of the Indian Armed Forces Under the Modi Government
- The Modi Visit: First Impressions from a Strategic Perspective
- Talk Synopsis123
- The Dynamic and Evolving Bilateral Relationship between India and China: A Diagnosis and Prognosis
- Untapped Opportunities in the India-U.S Strategic Partnership
Framework for US-India Defense Relationship
All you need to know about NDAA 2017
Section 1292 of the National Defence Authorisation Act (NDAA) 2017 emphasizes on enhancing the defen...
A historic perspective of US - India relations
India and the United States of America have had a bitter-sweet relationship ever since India's indep...
White House Joint Statement
US - India Joint-Statement on the Trade Policy Forum
Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India Delivers Address to a Joint Meeting of Congress
State Department - Joint Statement
USISC IN THE NEWS
- Latest Updates On Jammu & Kashmir | Jan 06, 2020 : Enclosed find an updated note on the situation in Jammu & Kashmir for your information
- Sunanda Vashisht Testifies at US Congressional Hearing | | Nov 19, 2019 : US India Security Council helps Kashmiri Hindus voice
- India New England News | Jan 02, 2017 : US - India Security Council Claims Victory, Says for the Fi
- The Economic Times | Dec 21, 2016 :
- Press Trust of India | Dec 15, 2016 :
- India Abroad | Jan 19, 2007 : Interview with Ramesh Kapur
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette | Jan 01, 2007 : Pact with India will Help Protect US
- Los Angeles Times | Nov 21, 2006 : A Strong India is Vital for Stability in South Asia
- CQ Weekly | Jul 31, 2006 : Vets Group Gives Political Capital to India Nuke Treaty