Adam S. Lovinger is a strategist in the Pentagon's Office of Net Assessment (ONA) providing direct support on long-term strategy to the Secretary of Defense. He is also an adjunct professor at Georgetown University & Walsh School of Foreign Service, McCourt School of Public Policy, and McDonough School of Business. Since the spring of 2014, Mr. Lovinger has co-taught the first and only course on net assessment in an American MBA program. Working from within the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) since 2004, Mr. Lovinger conducts diagnostic analyses highlighting emerging strategic problems and opportunities confronting the Department leadership, and identifies strategic management issues relating to the long-term military competition between the U.S. and her competitors.
Mr. Lovinger's portfolio within ONA includes net assessments and competitive strategies developed for the Secretary of Defense on:
- All elements of the long-term strategic competition between the U.S. and China in the Indian Ocean region, the Persian Gulf, and sub-Saharan Africa.
- How the discipline of net assessment, as developed over forty years within ONA, may inform "alliance strategy"; with a focus upon the U.S.-Israel- India and U.S.-India- Japan strategic triads.
- The long-term global strategic competition between the U.S. and "regressive" non-state forces and ideological movements
Prior to his current position, Mr. Lovinger served as general counsel within OSD lead office focused upon operational reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan and as associate deputy general counsel for DoD. In such capacity, Mr. Lovinger was the principal U.S. government liaison to the United Nations entity overseeing U.S. stewardship of the Development Fund for Iraq. Prior to his government service, Mr. Lovinger was an international project finance lawyer in London-based firms Clifford Chance and Freshfields.
Since 2011 he has served as guest lecturer of U.S. grand strategy formation, net assessment, and the emerging U.S.-China long-term strategic competition at the U.S. State Department Foreign Service Institute, Georgetown University and Yale University's superpowers of influence series.
US - India Security Council, Inc. (USISC) is a registered 501(c)(4) non-profit organization based in Wa.....Read More
EVENTS AT USISC
- US-India Security Relations in the New Administration with Special Emphasis on the Future of the US
- Maritime Security Dynamics in Indian Ocean Region
- The US Role in Indigenization of the Indian Defense Industry
- The US Role in Nuclear Stability in South Asia
- US-India Defense Relations: A path for the Future
- The Role of South Asia in Counter Terrorism
- Prospects of Defense Technology Cooperation between India and the United States.
- US-India Shared Strategic Perspectives
- US Security Relations Vis-a-Vis China and Japan
- US & India's Mutual Defense and Security Interests
- Challenges Facing UC & India's Defense Ties
- 9/11 - Ten Year Later, Impact on US-India Strategic Ties
- Hurdles Facing US-India Military to Military Ties
- Soft Power and India's Equipoise Imperative in Grand Strategy
- Strategic Aspects of US India Economic Engagement
- US, Indian Interests in the Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process
- US - India Strategic Ties: 2014 - What is Ahead
- Defense Policy and Indigenization of the Indian Armed Forces Under the Modi Government
- The Modi Visit: First Impressions from a Strategic Perspective
- Talk Synopsis123
- The Dynamic and Evolving Bilateral Relationship between India and China: A Diagnosis and Prognosis
Framework for US-India Defense Relationship
All you need to know about NDAA 2017
Section 1292 of the National Defence Authorisation Act (NDAA) 2017 emphasizes on enhancing the defen...
A historic perspective of US - India relations
India and the United States of America have had a bitter-sweet relationship ever since India's indep...
White House Joint Statement
US - India Joint-Statement on the Trade Policy Forum
Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India Delivers Address to a Joint Meeting of Congress
State Department - Joint Statement
USISC IN THE NEWS
- NRI NEWS 24/7 | Jul 22, 2020 : NEW YORK, USA: Mark Warner Video Conference on National Security With The US India Security council.
- US will work with India, Japan and S Korea to tackle threat from China: Senator Warner -- By Times | Jul 23, 2020 : US will work with India, Japan and S Korea to tackle threat from China: Senator Warner
- India New England News | Jul 22, 2020 : Sen. Mark Warner Says US Will Work With Countries Like India, Japan, South Korea to Tackle the Threa
- Latest Updates On Jammu & Kashmir | Jan 06, 2020 : Enclosed find an updated note on the situation in Jammu & Kashmir for your information
- Sunanda Vashisht Testifies at US Congressional Hearing | | Nov 19, 2019 : US India Security Council helps Kashmiri Hindus voice
- India New England News | Jan 02, 2017 : US - India Security Council Claims Victory, Says for the Fi
- The Economic Times | Dec 21, 2016 :
- Press Trust of India | Dec 15, 2016 :
- India Abroad | Jan 19, 2007 : Interview with Ramesh Kapur
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette | Jan 01, 2007 : Pact with India will Help Protect US
- Los Angeles Times | Nov 21, 2006 : A Strong India is Vital for Stability in South Asia
- CQ Weekly | Jul 31, 2006 : Vets Group Gives Political Capital to India Nuke Treaty
On July 18, 2005, the historic US - India Civil Nuclear Agreement was signed by the heads of bot...
The National Defense Authorization Act 2017
The National Defense Authorization Act 2017(NDAA 2017) was signed by President Obama on D...
Communication and Coordination with the US Administration and Congress
USISC realizes the importance of working closely with the US Administration, the...
Encouraging closer ties between the USA and India, especially in Defense, Security and Trade
USISC has been working closely for the past several years identifying synergistic opportunities for ...