Date: February 24, 2010
Guest: Dr. Dinshaw Mistry, Ph.D.
Dinshaw Mistry is associate professor of political science at the University of Cincinnati, and, for 2009-10, fellow at the Woodrow Wilson Center. He was previously a fellow at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University, and the Center for International Security and Cooperation, Stanford University. He holds a B.S. in Physics, M.A. in International Affairs, and Ph.D. in Political Science.
He is author of 'Containing Missile Proliferation' (2005), the definitive book on the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR). This study assessed the creation of the
MTCR and its impact on 14 national missile programs. His other research, published in the very best journals for security affairs (International Security, Security Studies, and Asian Survey), has examined nuclear proliferation in South Asia, and missile issues globally.
US - India Security Council, Inc. (USISC) is a registered 501(c)(4) non-profit organization based in Wa.....Read More
EVENTS AT USISC
- US-India Security Relations in the New Administration with Special Emphasis on the Future of the US
- Maritime Security Dynamics in Indian Ocean Region
- The US Role in Indigenization of the Indian Defense Industry
- US-India Defense Relations: A path for the Future
- The Role of South Asia in Counter Terrorism
- Prospects of Defense Technology Cooperation between India and the United States.
- US-India Shared Strategic Perspectives
- US Security Relations Vis-a-Vis China and Japan
- US & India's Mutual Defense and Security Interests
- Challenges Facing UC & India's Defense Ties
- 9/11 - Ten Year Later, Impact on US-India Strategic Ties
- Hurdles Facing US-India Military to Military Ties
- Soft Power and India's Equipoise Imperative in Grand Strategy
- Strategic Aspects of US India Economic Engagement
- US, Indian Interests in the Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process
- US - India Strategic Ties: 2014 - What is Ahead
- Defense Policy and Indigenization of the Indian Armed Forces Under the Modi Government
- The Modi Visit: First Impressions from a Strategic Perspective
- Talk Synopsis123
- The Dynamic and Evolving Bilateral Relationship between India and China: A Diagnosis and Prognosis
- Untapped Opportunities in the India-U.S Strategic Partnership
- US India Security Council protest meeting on Capital Hill with Raja Krishnamoorthy (July 2022)
Framework for US-India Defense Relationship
All you need to know about NDAA 2017
Section 1292 of the National Defence Authorisation Act (NDAA) 2017 emphasizes on enhancing the defen...
A historic perspective of US - India relations
India and the United States of America have had a bitter-sweet relationship ever since India's indep...
White House Joint Statement
US - India Joint-Statement on the Trade Policy Forum
Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India Delivers Address to a Joint Meeting of Congress
State Department - Joint Statement
USISC IN THE NEWS
- Did Biden & Modi Reset Indo-US ties? • Ramesh Kapur Satish Jha • Amb Pradeep Kapur • Shekhar T | Jul 19, 2023 :
- Democratic Party Activist Ramesh Kapur on Upcoming Mid-Term Elections, Indian American Candidates an | Sep 16, 2022 :
- An impactful day for the movie ‘The Kashmir Files’ in Washington, DC | Dec 15, 2021 : Global Kashmiri Pandit Diaspora is hosting the private t
- China and India struggle to comprehend each other’s international ambitions. | Mar 15, 2021 : The misperceptions that follow lead to a lack of trust, border skirmishes, and potentially worse.
- Ramesh V Kapur in conversation with nrinew | Jan 27, 2021 : Shares his journey of 2020 and talks about 2021 expectations.
- NRI NEWS 24/7 | Jul 22, 2020 : NEW YORK, USA: Mark Warner Video Conference on National Security With The US India Security council.
- US will work with India, Japan and S Korea to tackle threat from China: Senator Warner -- By Times | Jul 23, 2020 : US will work with India, Japan and S Korea to tackle threat from China: Senator Warner
- India New England News | Jul 22, 2020 : Sen. Mark Warner Says US Will Work With Countries Like India, Japan, South Korea to Tackle the Threa
- Latest Updates On Jammu & Kashmir | Jan 06, 2020 : Enclosed find an updated note on the situation in Jammu & Kashmir for your information
- Sunanda Vashisht Testifies at US Congressional Hearing | | Nov 19, 2019 : US India Security Council helps Kashmiri Hindus voice
- India New England News | Jan 02, 2017 : US - India Security Council Claims Victory, Says for the Fi
- The Economic Times | Dec 21, 2016 :
- Press Trust of India | Dec 15, 2016 :
- India Abroad | Jan 19, 2007 : Interview with Ramesh Kapur
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette | Jan 01, 2007 : Pact with India will Help Protect US
- Los Angeles Times | Nov 21, 2006 : A Strong India is Vital for Stability in South Asia
- CQ Weekly | Jul 31, 2006 : Vets Group Gives Political Capital to India Nuke Treaty
On July 18, 2005, the historic US - India Civil Nuclear Agreement was signed by the heads of bot...
The National Defense Authorization Act 2017
The National Defense Authorization Act 2017(NDAA 2017) was signed by President Obama on D...
Communication and Coordination with the US Administration and Congress
USISC realizes the importance of working closely with the US Administration, the...
Encouraging closer ties between the USA and India, especially in Defense, Security and Trade
USISC has been working closely for the past several years identifying synergistic opportunities for ...